Our Musical Wedding Favors
It was all the little details that really made it special, I think. The his & hers Converse sneakers with the date on the back, Alex's "music note" cuff links, the record player groom's cake, the daisies, the polka dots, the pearls...the music!
One of my favorite things was our wedding favors. You have no idea how much we agonized over the wedding favors. At first I couldn't think of anything that truly represented us that we could give away. When I went searching through the internet, I found nothing. All the favors seemed so cheesy. Everything I came across seemed like something that NO ONE would appreciate. Finally, I decided to forget it. I wasn't about to waste money on cheesy favors that no one was going to want anyway.
Then...it hit me! (or really, I came across the idea on a web site)
We should make a CD filled with all our favorite (non-cheesy) love songs. We love music and we love sharing music with everybody, so this would be the perfect favor.
Alex found these cool vintage looking CDs.
Patty found these covers. [we chose the green ones to match our colors]
Steph designed the neat converse sneakers logo which we printed on stickers to keep the covers shut.
And we spent hours and hours copying and packaging the CDs. It was so worth it. :-)
I hope everyone was able to take one home. Here is the playlist if you want to know...
1. "And I Love Her" by the Beatles
2. "Something" by the Beatles
3. "Always Together" by Alex Acevedo
4. "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles
5. "You're My Best Friend" by Queen
6. "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor
7. "Till There Was You" by Rod Stewart
8. "Love Song For You" by Mike Coia
9. "Digital Love" by Daft Punk
10. "Do You Realize??" by the Flaming Lips
11. "All of You" by Ella Fitzgerald
12. "Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine
13. "I Never" by Rilo Kiley
14. "Brighter Than Sunshine" by Aqualung
15. "To Be Alone With You" by Sufjan Stevens
16. "Ghostwriter Remix" by RJD2
17. "Noticed" by MuteMath
18. "I'm the Man who loves You" by Wilco
19. "Wrapped Up In You" by Garth Brooks
20. "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton
It makes me really happy [and humbled] that so many people have expressed a love for the CD. Apparently people are ACTUALLY listening to it...more than once. And that gives me so much joy. It's good to know that something you worked so hard on is appreciated.
Oh and if you haven't seen the photo slideshow, I don't know what you're waiting for!