Little Nuggets of Wisdom
I'm really busy today and don't really have time to be blogging, but I wanted to share these little nuggets of wisdom from the marriage conference this weekend. I would develop these points further, but like I said, I'm busy. :-) If you'd like to further discuss these statements with me at a later time please feel free to do so. The conference really was an amazing blessing. I'm really happy Alex and I were able to attend. Paul Tripp is a talented speaker. He is able to take these truths from the Scriptures and practically apply them in ways that are understandable.
- Romance is not a cause, it's a result.
- Biblical View of Marriage: A flawed person and a flawed person in a fallen world but with a faithful God.
- Worship is first your identity before it's ever your activity.
- Your words and behavior are more formed by what is inside of you than outside. The heart is the causal core of your personhood. (Luke 6:43-45)
- The DNA of sin is selfishness. Sin will cause me to dehumanize the people in my life. True righteousness begins when you quit living for yourself.
- The person you are married to is a broken person and will not fulfill you, only God can do that.
- There is no such things as love that doesn't require sacrifice. The call to love is to love even when the person hasn't deserved that love.
- True love is born out of gratitude, not duty.
- God is after something deeper than temporary personal happiness, He's after holiness.