Being pregnant is fun and I want my style to reflect that. I'm not gonna lie. It's been pretty easy for me to lounge around in my sweatpants and t-shirts lately. My regular clothes just don't fit me the same. They may still fit, but it's not the same. And sweatpants are sooo comfy. But I don't want to become a frumpy pregnant lady. I'm one of those people whose mood is greatly affected by what I'm wearing. If I look frumpy, I feel frumpy. If I look great, I feel great. So now that the weather's warming up I'm trying to figure out my pregnancy style so that I can continue to feel great.
I looked to some of my favorite bloggers for inspiration. Jen of jenloveskev, James of bleubirdvintage, and Melissa of dearbaby are beautiful ladies who maintained impeccable style throughout their pregnancies. I mean, just look at their photos:
- Seeing as I'll be at my largest in the hot summer months, skirts and dresses will be my best friends. Might have to break down and get some maternity shorts, which actually look quite comfy to me.
- Belts! Use them to give your midsection that womanly shape. A skinny belt right above the bump is cute.
- High waisted skirts. I see Melissa in that yellow skirt (last picture) and I love it. It just works.
- Tunics are grand. Most of my old shirts still fit, but even though my belly is small it tends to peek out just a bit sometimes. So I have to wear longer shirts and tunics are the best because I know my belly will grow with the tunics.
- Layers. I always love layers because they add a little something to any boring outfit.