Alex and I are celebrating three years of marriage today.
I was thinking that three years doesn't sound like a very long time at all. But in those three years we've done so much.
- We traveled overseas together all on our own.
- We moved to North Carolina and lived in two different apartments together.
- We started paying our own bills, cooking our own meals, cleaning up after ourselves. This is huge considering neither one of us had ever lived on our own before.
- We survived our first snow together.
- We traveled to Mexico on a mission trip together.
- We decided that we wanted to be a part of a church plant.
- We have traveled together...Miami, Orlando, DC, the NC coast, Denver, etc.
- We have learned what it means to be married and how to best honor each other...this is a lifetime lesson.
- We have worked together on photo shoots and other creative projects. He inspires me.
- We adopted an adorable little schnauzer. Our fur baby.
- We survived being a one-car family for a while.
- We moved to Denver, CO in order to live in community with the Summit Church.
- We bought a house. We're homeowners!
- We got pregnant and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Little Man.
All this in just three short years. I'm so blessed to experience life with this amazing man. Since we first met (at just 15 years old!) I have seen him grow and mature into the God-fearing, hard-working, loving, kind, gentle, strong man that he is today. When I first laid eyes on him in high school, I would never have dated him. When we met again after high school and started dating (we were 20 years old!) I could see the potential in him. And when he asked me to marry him (we were 22 years old!) I knew that he was the one for me...and I'm glad that he saw the potential in me and decided I was the one for him. Life together just keeps getting better and better.