- I've been reading the Divergent trilogy and I am obsessed. I mean, to the point that Liam has watched a lot more TV over the past couple days than usual because I just want to read. I'm taking a break before I read the third book because otherwise everyone will start protesting.
- I often feel useless because I don't have a steady income to contribute to my family. I know, I know. I'm a stay-at-home mom and it's great and I'm contributing to my family in a different way, but I still feel a pang of guilt every time we have money problems.
- NONE of my pre-pregnancy pants fit. By the time I was nine months postpartum with Liam I was slim again...I think I was even a few pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. It is not the same this time around. I'm not sure how much I weigh exactly, all I know is my pants don't fit and I have an embarrassing muffin top that I loathe. Maybe it's because Isabel is my second kid, maybe it's because I'm not breastfeeding, maybe it's because we live with my grandma who makes food ALL the time and sneaks me chocolate, yummy yummy chocolate.
- I think having kids is the hardest thing that Alex and I have had to deal with in our marriage. They have been our greatest blessing, but also our greatest challenge. We love each other, but life is just different after kids. Maybe it's not that way for everyone, but for us it has made us more tired and snappy and less romantic and spontaneous. I'm hoping as the kids get older that we will slowly get out of this rut and re-discover the crazy love we felt when we first met.
- I've always known that I'm an introvert but I've really been more aware of it lately. I think becoming a stay-at-home mom intensified by introverted tendencies. Sometimes I forget what to even talk about with other adults.
- I have given up on giving the kids a bath every night because it's just such a mission. So they get one every other day...or sometimes two days...
I want to remind everyone that this is a judgement-free zone! I wrote these out because I just felt the need to get them OUT. Are there any moms out there who wish to make their own confessions?? Leave them in the comments section.